The Old Reading Rooms In Wiveliscombe

Wiveliscombe, Somerset, Country town

The Old Reading Rooms is a Grade II Listed town house offering spacious dog-friendly holiday accommodation for up to 4 guests. The property is laid out over three floors and has a courtyard to the rear of the property. It is situated in Wiveliscombe, a bustling town, and provides great access to the Brendon Hills, the Quantocks, and Exmoor.

This Grade II Listed town house offers a wealth of character features and is believed to date back to 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The foundation stone is believed to have been laid by William Hancock on the 24th June 1887 and the Reading Room was opened a year later. Originally the ground floor was divided into two reading rooms.